Friday, June 17, 2016

Daily Dose of BS June 17 Fathers Day

With Father’s Day coming up on Sunday, have you ever thought that Dads get the short end of the stick?  When I was a kid Mother’s Day was that special day of the year when we and by we I mean my brothers and I would always do something above and beyond for our Mom, we would be nice to each other and offer up our services to help with chores around the house pick flowers and give plenty of hugs and kisses.  For Father’s Day we would punch the old man in the arm, and tell him Happy Father’s day and move on.  Dads are an important piece of the puzzle, they help you to become the person you are, as a Dad we are often over looked as a caregivers, I recall when my kids were little and I would watch the kids, and someone would always say oh you are babysitting, how nice.  Not the case, I am a Father and I was parenting my children, as my Father did for my brothers and I.  Parents do not babysit their own children.  For all the lessons taught both when I was a child and the lessons in life that you teach me now I thank you Dad and remember I love you.  Happy Father’s Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment