Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Daily Dose of BS June 21 computers

For the past 3 years the La Crosse Schools had I-Pads for the middle schoolers, I know for a fact that bringing this technology into the class rooms has helped out and brought our kids to the front of the class when it comes to technology and computing, as well as finding information and how to use the technology that is available to them.  The La Crosse School District just signed a lease with Apple to pay them 814,378 dollars per year for laptop computers for our current high schoolers.  I think that this a great idea because it levels the playing field for the kids who maybe don’t have the availability of a computer at home.  I do wonder about the exclusive use of Apple computers with the kids though, because in my line of work as well as my wives work we use PC’s rather than Apple computers.  I don’t know if there is a compatibility issue with the two platforms.  And if maybe this may be a hindrance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment