Monday, October 8, 2012

Daily Dose of BS Oct 8


I don’t get it, you go to the doctor because you have pain in your back, you get a shot, then you have to worry about coming down with a deadly fungal meningitis.  As of 530 this morning 91 people have been sickened 91 people who went to the doctor’s office expecting to be fixed and 91 people so far, and the potential of hundreds more getting affected by this nationwide outbreak of meningitis.  I understand that this was a horrible mistake made by a pharmacy in Massachusetts, don’t they test for this?  The CDC website lists the names of 75 clinics in 23 states where this drug was sent.  Over the weekend Michigan, Minnesota, and Ohio joined 6 other states that have been hit.  In Tennessee alone 32 cases of meningitis with 3 deaths, this type of meningitis is not contagious and can't be spread from person to person.  Prescription drugs making more news today too, I heard a report this morning that said that now prescription drug overdoses are the leading cause of accidental death of people even higher than car accidents.  I am glad when I mess up it is a song title or a misread forecast, and not death and mayhem, I guess when I miss speak maybe you will wear a coat at the wrong time, or buy the wrong song, but not die.  I see why insurance rates keep rising.  

No comments:

Post a Comment