Thursday, October 25, 2012

Daily Dose of BS Oct 25


There are only 185.5 million people in the US on facebook.  That is over half the population, not bad for a company that didn’t even exist 10 years ago.  With the average person spending almost 7 hours a month on facebook that is a lot of screen time for those little ads to make their way into your brain, and with facebook being a public company now they have to answer to their shareholders, meaning they have to make money, you would think a company with over a billion active monthly users would be raking in the dough, I bet they are.  From posts that used to go to everyone to posts that you can now pay to have seen, there is a lot of growth for this company in its infancy.  I started using facebook kicking and screaming after learning and loving myspace, weird now I am not even sure if myspace even exists.  The voyeur in me keeps me looking and the thoughts that plague my mind give me endless topics to post on here on facebook.  Are we better off now knowing that John had a burger for lunch with his bff?  Does it matter that Sally sold seashells by the seashore, you bet it does, the average person has 130 friends on facebook.  I at one time actually knew all my facebook friends, and many of my radio friends have two accounts the work one and the real one, I guess I wasn’t smart enough to do that when I started with facebook, and now I don’t think I have the time to do more than one facebook account.  I think I like the sharing that happens here, otherwise where would I catch up on the snarky thoughts of my friends, both real and online.  

No comments:

Post a Comment