Friday, October 5, 2012

Daily Dose of BS Oct 5


What a difference 24 hours makes.  Yesterday at this time I was in shorts, was aware that it was going to get cold, but was in shorts.  Last night while getting ready to ride in the Oktoberfest Torchlight parade, I had to dig out the long pants, winter jacket, hat, and gloves.  What a difference that 24 hours makes, I hear that Northern Minnesota and Western North Dakota got hit with a winter storm with up to a foot of snow blanketing the area.  Way, way, way too early.  This weekend is an exciting time for a bunch of kids and their parents, a learning experience if you will, this is the official youth deer hunt weekend giving children between 10 and 15 a chance to get into the woods with an adult hunter a month or so before the more seasoned hunters and the regular hunt at the end of November.  I have done this hunt every year for the past at least 6 years with my boys usually heading to hunt with a group of great friends in Wonewoc Wisconsin this year my son Zak wanted to try it with just the two of us at our family land, I will let you know the results come Monday.  So if you are headed out to the woods this weekend, be safe remember the rules, be respectful and most of all have fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment