Monday, October 22, 2012

Daily Dose Oct 22


I wash my hands every time I use the restroom, not because I have pee’d on my hands but because it’s the right thing to do.  No one wants your personal germs and waste on anything that you touch when you are done, and when you don’t wash your hands you are spreading germs.  You have seen the signs at every restaurant that you have ever been to and at every gas station restroom that you have stopped by that not washing your hands spread disease.  I do not want to be the cause of or be the effect of someone not washing their hands.  I saw a news story over the weekend that a middle schooler Jasmine Roberts, hypothesized that the ice at fast food joints was probably dirtier than the toilets.  She went to five fast food restaurants and collected samples, by ordering cups of ice and put them in sterile beakers.  She also went into bathrooms, flushed the toilet once, and collected a sample.  The findings were pretty disturbing.   According to Jasmine she" found that 70-percent of the time, the ice from the fast food restaurant's contain more bacteria than the fast food restaurant's toilet water.”  Yuck now I have to rethink my ice consumption.  Because of these type studies I have quit getting lemon in my water and stopped using the glass glasses at hotels.  Maybe sometimes it is better just not knowing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment