Thursday, October 4, 2012

Daily Dose of BS Oct 4


Talk about uncomfortable.  Watching the debate last night, was like I felt when I was a kid getting lectured by my parents, the uncomfortable look that each candidate had when the other was talking was at times hard to watch; from the look around, to the awkward smiles, eyebrow raises, and face scratches I am sure that that is what I did when I was getting talked to when I was a kid, heck I bet I do it now when the boss calls me in the office.  Where was the control of the debate?  Jim Lehrer in my eyes didn’t have control of the debate at all, as a friend of mine Chris posted on facebook last night “Jim Lehrer is like the grandpa at dinner table who falls asleep and wakes up randomly shouting.”  I heard a news story yesterday afternoon that said the candidate who blinks less usually wins, so of course I noticed the eye blinking, they both were big blinkers, I felt like I was following a car with the blinker stuck.  The think about these debates is that it seems like the candidates try to get their talking points out for the public to hear rather than answer the questions.  And I don’t know if you caught the bowling hall pin crash toward the end of the debate (what the heck was that?).  I am not sure if these debates help or hurt a candidate, who in your opinion won the debate?  And why?

No comments:

Post a Comment