Friday, January 6, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Jan 6 roundabouts

Prior to this morning I was gung ho about the new roundabouts here in Onalaska.  I have been driving thought them effortlessly over the past few months since highway 35 has re-opened, in fact I had conversation with someone from the Wisconsin DOT yesterday about a completely unrelated item and mentioned to him how I thought that the roundabouts were not that big a deal driving though.  Guess what I spoke to soon.  On my drive into work this morning I had to slam on my breaks and hit my horn narrowly avoiding an accident as the guy heading south on highway 35 must have either been in lala land or not paying attention or he had the whole panic what do I do attitude, I know I will just plow through and hope that the smaller vehicle stops to avoid hitting me.  Either way I am guessing it is going to take me a few more weeks before I am comfortable traveling though the roundabouts again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment