Thursday, January 19, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Jan 19 stamps

I can remember when it cost 14 cents to mail a letter either next door or across the country.  I recall walking to school through a parking lot when that thought hit me.  I have no idea why I remember that exact moment and who knows if it even is a real thought but I can vividly picture thinking it is only 14 cents to mail a letter and I am walking to school.  Like I said I was a weird child.  The reason I bring up the cost of stamps is if you are a saver and want to save some money before the big hike, you better purchase your stamps before the big hike on Sunday.  We are going back up to the 49 cents per stamp that we saw in 2014.   For some reason the price of a stamp went down to 47 cents in April of last year now returning to the 49 cents from before, I still think that the price of travel for our cards and letters is cheap.  If you want to save that 4% you better head to the post office before Sunday and buy your forever stamps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment