Thursday, December 8, 2016

Daily Dose of BS Dec 8 food

I made chicken noodle soup on Sunday.  Yesterday I went to reheat the leftovers for dinner.  I opened the bowl and cleared out the kitchen.  How did 3 day old soup turn from delicious to deadly?  I hate to waste food.  I usually make enough food for 2 meals when I cook so that way a day in the future will be a bit easier with the leftovers.  Have you ever taken out a bigger pack of meat and and forgot it on the counter, then went to bed?  I have also done that, thank goodness that this doesn’t happen too often.  I also dislike when other food gets tossed because of improper putting away like bread, or fruits of veggies. I searched for food wasted on google and it says that about twenty five percent of our food budget is tossed away every year. For a family of six they say the average food bill per week is $291 so about 15 thousand dollars per year. Wasting about 4 grand per year on throw away. It just hurts to think that, that much is wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment