Thursday, December 15, 2016

Daily Dose of BS Dec 15 yahoo

Yahoo has suffered yet another hack.  The breach is believed to be separate and distinct from the theft of data from 500 million accounts that Yahoo reported this September.  The stuff taken this time user account information including names, email addresses, telephone numbers, dates of birth, hashed passwords and possible encrypted or unencrypted security questions and answers.  I used exclusively Yahoo for my emails up until the last time they were hacked since then I have moved to Gmail.  I hate hackers.  I don’t get what hackers get out of putting malicious programs on someone’s site.  I really think that hackers are making our world a tougher place to live.  The real sad thing about Yahoo getting hacked is that I saw on Facebook before I got an email from the company letting me know.  Are they working on covering their own asses?  What about all the ones that they left exposed?  All these hackers breaking into small business websites and emails, is costing us all, time, effort and energy.  And what are they getting out of some of the hacks?  I don’t get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment