Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Daily Dose of BS March 6 patients death


I thought if you worked in health care, as a doctor or a nurse that your job was to work directly with patients and their families. I also thought that a nurse was the primary point of contact between the patient and the world of health care.  I also thought that the job of a nurse was to perform frequent patient evaluations, including monitoring and tracking vital signs, performing procedures such as IV placement, phlebotomy (draw blood), and administering medications.  I really thought that the job of a nurse was to work to keep a patient alive.  I guess I thought that would be the job of any caring person.  When I saw and heard the stories from earlier this week about the 87 year old nursing home patient that died back in February while she was a patient in the care of a nursing home, she died because a nurse there refused to give cpr that bugs me and bugs me more than usually things bug me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment