Friday, March 22, 2013

Daily Dose of BS March 22 heres your sign

I have seen a few news stories about parents who made their children stand on a street corner or in front of a store holding up a sign saying something along the line of I did something wrong, I stole this, I broke the law, I got drunk, smoked pot etc. I have not seen any of these signs locally but they have been all the rage around the country. I think I like this punishment, it puts a face on the perpetrator and like a good punishment it will hopefully make the child think before they do said crime again. It has been compared to the new spanking, guess what when you get that whap on the butt you are more likely to think twice before you do the punishable action again. Sometimes I feel as though we as a society are too soft on our kids, I am glad to see some parents who feel strongly about helping to get their kids on the straight and narrow by having them admit their mistakes and hopefully learning from that mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment