Monday, March 18, 2013

Daily Dose of BS March 18 want it now


We are in a want it now society, I am just as guilty of it as the next guy.  I saw it in full force over the weekend.  My youngest son wants to get a remote control car because his buddy has one.  He did the research and started on the sales job to him Mom and me.  I tend to stand firm and do as my Dad always used to do, take a piece of paper and write down the positives and the negatives and you have to have at least one negative.  He did the work, did the sales and has the money.   What I don’t know is why these machines are so expensive and why would you need to have a remote control car that goes 60 mph?  I am proud of the fact that I got him to think about the purchase and the fact that he saved his money for this.  How many times have you had your eye caught by something and stopped and made the impulse buy?  From the grocery store to the convenience store to the department store, jewelry store and my downfall the electronics store.  We are a want it now society but we should also know that if we work hard that we can succeed at the purchase of what we want, either buy used, save up or go into debt.  Where do you fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment