Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Daily Dose of BS March 13 things my parents said


At this moment right now, you are the youngest that you will ever be, and at the exact same time you are the oldest you ever were.  You don’t know and you don’t even know that you don’t know.  Use your head for something other than to hold your glasses a place to put your hat.  What are some of the things that your parents used to say to you that you looked at them with that blank stare?   My parents had a ton of them like you can't make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.  Wants are unlimited and resources are scarce.  It seemed that there was always a saying to go with whatever it was that I was getting in to or doing.  Like when I was a kid I walked 10 miles to school uphill both ways in the snow, I guess I now know why I am the way I am the way I am, I was always told to quit or I will go blind and don’t make that face or it will stay that way.  I guess I should have listened better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment