Friday, January 4, 2013

Daily Dose of BS Jan 4 Friday finally


Today is Friday time to celebrate, celebrate that we made it through the week.  These short weeks just drag on; in my mind they take longer than the regular 5 day work week.  Yesterday afternoon I got a call from a friend of mine and I was immediately brought back to a time in my life 3 years ago when I lost my job.  It is funny how the turn of someone else’s cards can be a reminder of life experiences past in your life.  I could feel his emotion on the phone and the uncertainty in his voice.  I know when you get laid off that it is the biggest kick in the pants that you can go through at the time, especially if you are blindsided, but of most the people I have talked to about this, most have landed in a better and more challenging, better suited position, where they are appreciated, I guess it is a chance to start a new chapter or even start over.  I am sure that my buddy will do well once he realizes this, but until then, I feel bad for his situation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment