Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Daily Dose of BS Jan 22 warming up your car


La Crosse cops could be ticketing ya soon for warming up your car on the public streets.  If a person leaves their car unattended you are subject to a fine of $114, this applies to vehicles on the street or any other public place.  The ordinance is in place to protect people from car thieves, because if someone passing by who might not have thought about stealing a car may be tempted to take advantage of an easy target.  This is some flawed logic I think, people should have better will power than to take something that isn’t nailed down.  If I walk into a store and there are no cameras and the clerk is in back the opportunity is there for me to clean out the store of their goods, what my parents taught me and the golden rule teaches me to not take stuff that is not mine.  The fining of $114 to warm your car is flawed in my opinion; cause no one likes to get into a cold car and I really hate grabbing the ice cold steering wheel.  I got a better idea make an example of the person who steals the car and make it so that others don’t steal cars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment