Thursday, January 3, 2013

Daily Dose of BS Jan 3 What's in a name


In my 44 years of being on this earth we have seen a lot of changes from our technology we always have a phone with us, we have instant access to everyone’s thoughts with the help of twitter and facebook,  we have seen changes in our cars, and houses to the things we buy and eat…heck a dozen years ago I would have never bought bottled water, let alone ordered a glass of water at a restaurant and now water is my favorite drink.   The reason I bring this up is because I was thinking I don’t know any kid named Bob, when I was growing up there where about 15 of us in my class from Rob, to Robby, and Bob to Bobby and don’t forget about Robert.  I was born in 1968 and then the top names were Michael, David, John, James and Robert….for the boys and Lisa, Michelle, Kimberly, Jennifer and Melissa for the girls.  Number one for 2012 was Aiden for boys and Sophia for girls and Robert is nowhere in the top 100.  The top name for many years Michael isn’t even in the top 5 any more in fact it slipped to number 16 for boys and none of the girls names from 1968 made it to this generation.  To see where your name ranks check out the Social Security Administrations website http://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/

No comments:

Post a Comment