Friday, July 25, 2014

Daily Dose of BS July 25 media race

In the race to be the first to report on something is the media airing info that shouldn’t be aired?  Yesterday there was a horrific accident on I-90 where there was a fatality it was all over the media, including this radio station.  We reported what had happened and painted the picture as radio can.  On facebook there were photos of the crash site, and the smoke and fire the engulfed the area.  Our local tv stations had crews on the scene shortly after it happened reporting what had happened and today the newspaper has the pictures on the front page of the paper, are we thinking of the families when something like this happens?   Or in our rush to get the news or big story out first we overlook the people involved?  As I look at those pictures as a father and can’t help but to wonder what if that was my child, or a loved one, or someone that was my best friend and I saw it somewhere in the media or heard about it from an acquaintance that happened.   It makes me wonder if in our race to the top if we are on a race to the bottom?  

No comments:

Post a Comment