Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Daily Dose of BS July 15 comic books

If you were like me when you were a kid and didn’t really like reading but read cause you had to then today will be a sad day for you.  I remember buying a box of old comics at a garage sale it was jammed full of old Archie comics, there were Garfield and old Snoopy comic books in the box, also old Ripley’s Believe it or Not and lots of Guinness Book of World Records, it was a non-readers dream come true, I could pretend to be looking at the pictures and really read what was going on with the characters.  That box was my entry into reading, and into facts as I read and reread the Guinness and the Ripley’s I also enjoyed the antics of the gang from Riverdale, I read this morning with sadness that they have killed off Archie.  What has the world become when a non-violent comic book hero is killed?  

No comments:

Post a Comment