Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Daily Dose of BS July 16 library

How much does the location of a library or a school play into where you live?  Is it really all about location, location, location when you do buy a house?  I specifically bought my house on the south side of La Crosse because it was located close to a library.  When I grew up in Roseville Minnesota we lived about a block from the local library and I was there often, it was in the late 70’s and early 80’s a place to go that was safe, a place for meeting friends and a place for information and I have always craved information.  When I was looking to buy a house in La Crosse I was looking for that as well, I knew I wanted kids and wanted them to have the same opportunity that I had growing up living close to a library.  About a year ago there was talk about closing my south side library and I see that it got a reprieve of a year.  This reprieve includes less hours and no weekend hours.  I guess I will take it but isn’t there a better solution?  

No comments:

Post a Comment