Monday, July 7, 2014

Daily Dose of BS July 7 water

As I was driving in to work this morning I heard a story about how in Detroit that they are now requiring homeowners to pay for their water or risk getting it turned off.  The news guy then played a clip of a woman that said what kind of government would allow this.  My question is what kind of government wouldn’t do this?  It is not the government’s job to keep you in food and shelter is it?  What kind of government would allow for water to be shut off?  Really?  I think any responsible government.  The more I think of this the more it bugs me.  I pay my bills when they come if I can’t afford something I don’t buy it.  If I still can’t afford it I find a second or a third job.  If we all had the mentality of what kind of government, we would be in a lot worse situation than we are now.  I think that the city of Detroit is doing the right thing, pay your bills or risk losing whatever it is that you are supposed to be paying for shut off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment