Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Daily Dose of BS February 29

You’ve heard the saying once in a blue moon right? I wanted to know what it meant so I looked it up, a blue moon a blue moon is actually the second full moon in a single month. Full moons are separated by 29 days. Because most months have 30 and 31 days it's possible to have two full moons. A blue moon occurs every two and a half years on average. So a blue moon is more common then a leap year, today we are blessed with an extra day in the calendar, today is the 29th of February and is my half birthday. I am 43 but this is only the 10th time in my life that I have been able to claim the fact that it is my ½ birthday, not something we celebrate but remember when you were a kid you would say I am 8 and a half? I couldn’t say that most of the years when I was growing up and be truthful. Think of the lucky people who are born on the 29th of February like those born 84 years ago today turn 21 today, or if you were born 64 years ago you can now drive at 16. We are blessed with this one extra special day every 4 years, make the most of it, do something you will not forget. Try something you wouldn’t normally do and make the most of your day. Happy Leap Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment