Monday, February 6, 2012

Daily Dose of BS February 6


Waffles they are not just a warm breakfast at a hotel.  For the past umpteen years my family and I have enjoyed a waffle supper on Super Bowl Sunday.  It happened when my oldest was a baby, I was reading the paper that Sunday morning and saw a waffle maker at some store, went to the store and bought one and have made waffles every year since, one time a year.  I have turned down going to Super Bowl parties because of the family tradition.  As a matter of fact I was not going to make them yesterday but the kids all said I gotta.  Last year was tough as my buddies had a Super Bowl card party since the Packers were in the big game.  I showed up for the card game prior to kick off then headed home for waffles and the Packers victory.  For me it is hard to watch the game when I don’t know the players, I watch it when my team isn’t in it for the commercials which is odd since I usually skip past them with my Tivo.  What was your favorite spot in the big game yesterday?  I liked the Hyundia cheetah one and the Dorritos sling baby.  I even liked the half time this year, I usually go do something else when the half time is on, there is some controversy over the MIA slip of the word that rhymes with Schmidt and the Flip of the Bird.  I didn’t see it till I went back and looked at it, and had to watch a few times to get it.  The waffle maker is put away and the buttermilk waffle recipe is too till next year when the Packers win Super Bowl 47.

No comments:

Post a Comment