Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Daily Dose of BS February 7

I grew up in Minnesota, the land of 10,000 lakes. I never fished. My first time out was with my buddies Tom and Randy about 16 years ago here in La Crosse. I have loved fishing ever since. I went ice fishing about 13 years ago 1 time and it was cold and we didn’t even have a bite, tried it again about 7 years ago and same results. Anthony from Coulee Region Adventures invited me out to try ice fishing again late last week. It wasn’t so cold and we had quite a few bites and I learned a lot. Its not dirty pool to go where others are and to use a hole that someone else drilled, keep your back to the wind, and if the fish is too big for the hole you can drill a hole next to the existing hole to extract the fish. We didn’t have that problem, but if it ever arises, I will know what to do. My oldest son went ice fishing with his buddies over the weekend, the got 13 keepers, 20 over all, my two other boys want to go out and try it also. Living where it is cold for about 4 months a year does have its advantages if you like winter sports. If you don’t do what they say and wait 15 minutes it will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment