Monday, February 13, 2012

Daily Dose of BS February 13


I joined the LaCrosse Jaycees shortly after I moved to town at the urging of a boss I had. He said as a radio guy you should be part of the community. Guess what he was right, the friends that I have to this day most were friends that I met through the La Crosse Jaycees. I am also part of other groups like my church, all the organizations that my kids are involved in, and my Improv group Sum Assembly Reekwired. This past weekend I was involved with most of these groups including being a part of the Old School Entertainment show at the Grand Ball Room with my fellow improvers, btw there are many talented people here in La Crosse. After my show I went on a pub crawl with some of my friends from the Jaycees. If you have never done one of these I would suggest you get a designated driver and take in some local flavor. One of the bars that we hit Saturday night was one of the few in LaCrosse I have never been to, Tailgators, a diamond in the rough if you will, a good jukebox, inexpensive drinks, a diverse group of patrons, including another group on a pub crawl and Bernie the dancing bartender. Take in some local culture and be a visitor in your own community, visit like you have never been in town before. As DMI says about Historic Downtown LaCrosse you can apply to the entire city, Look, Live, Love…speaking of Love don’t forget Valentines day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment