Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Daily Dose of BS February 15

Food is the sustainer of life. We all need it and some of us crave it. I am not sure about your family but I am the primary cook at my house, when I was younger I used to make lots of kit foods, easy to put together stuff, from there I moved to Hot Dishes (for those of you that don’t have friends from Minnesota, Hot Dish is Minnesotan for Casserole) I used to work with a guy who had a cooking show and I learned a lot about cooking from him and his guests. The best advice I got was to try “refrigerator door cooking” meaning grab bit of this and a bit of that with a dash of this to make the meal. I have been doing and experimenting with this way of cooking for many years now. I always love when the kids say Dad make that chicken, pasta, chili thing you made a couple of weeks ago. Um, impossible since it was a bit of this and a bit of that mixed with left over chicken from the other day. Most days the breakfasts that I bring in to work are a mix of the past few nights dinner, sometimes it is great, sometimes not so good but for the most part if you start with good and add good to it, good will be the outcome. Remember when refrigerator door cooking if you are in doubt add a bag of mixed veggies, and garlic then at least it will have color and flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment