Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Feb 28 drinking in Minnesota

Growing up in Minnesota we had weird drinking laws, like you can only buy 3.2 beer at the grocery store and that you had to go to the liquor store to buy booze and any beer that wasn’t labeled 3.2 you also couldn’t buy beer or alcohol on a Sunday.  This is about to change thanks to Winona Senator Jeremy Miller.  I remember meeting family for a family outing a few years back when I got a call from my brother-in-law asking me to pick up some Spotted Cow on my way up to Duluth because they couldn’t get it up there and because it was a Sunday and they couldn’t buy beer there.  I told him to go to Superior to buy his beer then told him I was kidding and brought him his beer.  Do you think that more Minnesotans will be drinking now because of beer and alcohol sales on a Sunday?  I wonder also if opening this up will also open up car sales on a Sunday as well?  I guess that time will tell.  

No comments:

Post a Comment