Friday, February 17, 2017

Daily Dose of BS feb 17 paper

I am a loyal reader of the La Crosse Tribune, I have been a newspaper reader for my whole life, my love for the snap of the paper came as a young boy first for the comics, then for the money as a paperboy.  Newspapers have always been a part of my life.  Over the years we have seen changes in the way that people get their news, of course my career choice, the radio, tv, the newspaper and of course the new guy in the room, the internet.  Digital news has cut into the amount of people who enjoy all the “Old School” types of media.  We have all had to change the way that we do things.  We all have - from cut backs, to program and publication changes, we have all had to go with the ebb and flow.  With changes sometimes come costs, and with costs I would assume that a contract in place would be honored, I got a letter from the Tribune saying that effective February 2017 they will be implementing a subscription rate increase, and that this increase may accelerate the end of my current subscription period.  HUH?  I thought it was a paid in full contract. 

No comments:

Post a Comment