Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Feb 22 advice

Yesterday my youngest son bought his first car, he doesn’t even have his permit yet.  While we were driving it around town, we were talking about things and how dangerous driving can be, I went over many of the driving rules, and mentioned as we were about to hit the highway that speed and inattentive driving kill.  We went on to talk about how texting and driving also is a deadly combination.  Our conversation made me think about the things or the words of wisdom that our parents pass on to us.  My Dad always used to say that a moment of laxity can cause an eternity of regret, and that the youth is wasted on the young, use your head for more than just a place for your glasses or hat.  My parents were also big on taking responsibility for what you have done.  What are some of the bits of advice that you have received over the years that you still live by today?  

No comments:

Post a Comment