Friday, February 10, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Feb 10 scouts

I read an article today that brings up the question of girls joining Boy Scouts.  I am an Eagle Scout and I learned a lot from the Boy Scouts and I honestly think that there should be separated groups of kids at that age just to get away from the pressures of trying to be someone who you are not.  Hear me out, when you are a teenage boy you have lots going on school life, home life, church life, friend life and in your mind dating life someday.  If you put the groups together, you are taking away that chance for a boy to be a boy without distractions around.  And if you introduce girls to Boy Scouts you will soon have to introduce boys to Girls Scouts.  And then you will see distractions there as well.  I have read, in many schools around the country schools have been experimenting with separating the different sexes to see how it works in education.  I say leave it be the Boy Scouts and the Girl Scouts and let’s open the Selective Service to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment