Monday, October 3, 2016

Daily Dose of BS Oct 3 56th Oktoberfest

Well we did it.  We made it through the 56th annual Oktoberfest celebration, what did you think?  I enjoyed this years fest, I think even more than previous fests, I did fest all 4 days and I liked it.  It is funny since fest became a shorter celebration, I didn’t find myself at fest any less than other years, in fact I think I headed down even more.  I took part in the Slicing of the Golden Brat, I drove the Mapleleaf Parade on Saturday, it was typical we were number 102 in the parade and supposed to line up by 930 am for a 10am start to the parade, we didn’t even start to move until after noon, which made for a long morning.  At least the weather was awesome.  I hit a few concerts and yesterday I was a judge in OktoBRATfest featuring 7 chef made brats.  I had fun seeing many people that I haven’t seen in quite a while.   My biggest issues with the fest isn’t with fest at all but with the get as drunk as possible mentality of too many.   The drunk and disorderly folks especially around the college area left their garbage strewn all around.  I thought that West Avenue looked like a dump site.  Pick up after yourself.  And remember a community fest isn’t about getting a drunk as possible and wrecking the beauty around you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment