Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Daily Dose of BS Oct 18 voting

I have always honored my privilege to vote, in fact I have voted in every general election I have been able to vote in and in the past 20 years I have voted in the primaries as well.  You often hear of people saying I only vote in the presidential election.  Guess what because so few people vote in the primary we are stuck with the two most unpopular candidates we have ever had, we are going to eventually have either Clinton or Trump leading our country for the next 4 years.  Have you thought about that?  4 years of what?  Anyway this is the reason that we need to take our privilege to vote more seriously because the lack of interest put us in this situation.  Every voting cycle I look forward to what I feel is a civic duty and I look forward to the dog and pony show of going to stand in line to cast my vote, lately there has been an uptick in the amount of early voters in fact it opened yesterday in Wisconsin, and I noticed quite a few of my friends have voted already, I am glad that they voted, early voting isn’t for me.  Here is something to think about just because you voted it doesn’t mean that you are going to get any less robo-calls or people ringing your doorbell.  They will still bug you until November 8th.  

No comments:

Post a Comment