Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Daily Dose of BS Oct 25 smoking



I was a smoker on and off for much of my teen years and into my 20’s and 30’s, sure I heard that it was bad to smoke and blah, blah, blah.  I enjoyed it, but I tell you what I am glad I quit.  Recently I was at a buddy’s house where they smoke inside and it reminded me that I made the right choice in quitting.  I read earlier this morning that one in four cancers deaths are caused by smoking.  Like I said I am glad I quit.  Don’t get me wrong, there are days that I sometimes think of a cigarette but thankfully haven’t had one in over 9 years.  Which brings me to another smokers issue, when I see someone toss their cigarette butt out the window it makes me angry.  I watched a woman the other day waiting in the grocery store parking lot with the windows rolled up smoking, only to roll down her window to toss her butt out the window.  Doesn’t your car have an ash tray?  Or some receptacle that you can toss your stinky burn butt into?  If you smoke remember that the world is not your ashtray.  The littered butts present a threat to wildlife. Cigarette filters have been found in the stomachs of fish, birds, whales and other marine creatures who mistake them for food ... don’t be an ass pick up your butt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment