Thursday, October 13, 2016

Daily Dose of BS Oct 13 no guns

Wouldn’t you think that a police officer in a court room with a jury watching a case, that they would be able to carry a side arm as part of their uniform?  I read an article yesterday that had Judge Gonzalez disarming police officers while they were testifying in a battery case.  Three La Crosse Police officers were told that they couldn’t wear their firearm or their duty belt while in the courtroom.  Apparently having a gun on a belt on a police officer is a distraction to a jury and could be cause for a mistrial.  I’ll tell you what I think, if there was a cop in a courtroom on the stand while I was on a jury, and the cop wasn’t packing heat, that would be more of a distraction to me than a cop without a gun on the stands?  What do you think?  To me it is like a firefighter without their tools trying to fight a fire.  

No comments:

Post a Comment