Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Daily Dose of BS Oct 4 internet selling

We are in an interesting time.  Google is introducing hardware to go with their popular search engine, Facebook is looking for a bigger piece of the pie and my third favorite site Craigslist is an amazing beast.  I get how Google and Facebook make money but when it comes to Craigslist, I wonder what the business model is when it comes to making money on that site.  There is no advertising and no charge for listings.  What am I missing?  I am glad to see this business work because it allows us to upcycle and to have it be new to us yet keeps it out of the land fill.  I also have found that people will be willing to pay a bit more for items on craigslist compared to if you were to sell it at a rummage sale.  Plus you can look for the bargains you are looking for without leaving your house, and if you are selling - the best part of it all is I have sold most of the items I have tried to sell and even better is you don’t have to have a rummage sale.  

No comments:

Post a Comment