Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Daily Dose of BS July 27 comunication

With voicemail I miss out on returning calls, because either they don’t show up on my phone or I forget to check, one or the other, what is the proper time to return a message?  Is it different for personal rather than professional?  When I know I have a message, I try to return messages within the next day part, or at least by the next day.  I dislike when I leave either a voice mail message or an email or a text to someone and I don’t hear back from them.  I wonder if others have the same issues as me with their voice mail.  What about a text is the protocol the same?  I know that I send out and receive way more texts nowadays than I do phone calls, and wonder what the protocol for texts are?   Do you think it matters who they are on how fast they get back or don’t get back?  A friend would get back sooner than an acquaintance or other way around?  I think if a friend, or a family member I do wish for a return in the communication as soon as possible.  Unless they can’t or there is something wrong.  I tend to have an active imagination and when I don’t hear back from a loved one I tend to awfulize what has happened to them when they don’t call back, and no one likes to picture a friend upside down in a ditch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment