Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Daily Dose of BS July 26 VCR

I remember when they first became popular and were priced at where people could buy them.  My buddy Jim and his family had one and little Bobby Schmidt was amazed and jealous.  The VCR changed my life and the life of millions of other people.  You no longer had to be glued to the couch to watch your favorite program, you didn’t have to be home to catch the latest show.  When there were free preview weekends of the movie channels you could build up your movie collection.  My parents were always the last to jump on a new technology, we were the last to get the microwave oven, the dishwasher, and VCR, but when we got the VCR my brothers and I learned it and learned it well, we could make it display the right time, and get it to record the shows that mom and dad wanted and eventually we were able to have it record our shows as well.  A sad day for VCR purists the last of them are going to be rolled off the assembly line this week.  I haven’t used a VCR since my kids were little and wanted to watch Disney movies, but I do love the door that VCRs opened up for all of us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment