Monday, July 25, 2016

Daily Dose of BS July 25 weather

Over the weekend I was in Dubuque, Iowa for a baseball tournament, my sons team took second in the consolation bracket.  I bring up the trip because while we were there many of our phones went off with severe alerts and an extreme alert.  No sooner than my phone went off the sirens all around went off and we got moved from the lobby of the hotel where we were staying into an inner conference room with no windows and a tv that lost image while we were tracking the storm.  The sky was dark and the air was thick and calm.  Then the sky opened up and the winds came water was coming in the windows and doors it was raining so hard.  No sooner had it started it was done.  I guess what I am saying is it is good to listen to the weather people when they tell you to move, move.  We missed the big one this weekend, but it is better to be safe than sorry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment