Friday, July 29, 2016

Daily Dose of BS July 29 garbage

Parents are our first teachers, for example my mom would always say waste not want not.  I have been a believer of this for most my life, but I think that we waste too much stuff as Americans.  Look at anyone’s pile on garbage day.  We throw away everything.  Wednesday was my garbage day, and driving though the alleys around my house it would look like the economy is doing pretty well, boxes for new tvs, a couch, a few chairs and a kitchen table.  It often bugs me at what gets thrown away as there are many people in need that could use much of what is tossed.  I know when the big push for everyone to start using the flat screen tvs that many perfectly good tvs were placed out in the alleys and boulevards.  It really bugs me when bikes get thrown away and the scrappers grab them, I could name a few kids right now that could use a bike.  And when it comes to food we throw away tons, and my family is probably worse, we throw away lots of food each week.  What can be done about this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment