Friday, October 23, 2015

Daily Dose of BS October 23 ethical question

An ethical question was raised yesterday in class.  If you were a engineering a train and on the track ahead of you were 5 workers and they couldn’t get out your way and would die if you continued down that track, and on another track that you noticed had only one worker that would die if you switched tracks at the last second what would you do?  I spoke first and said I would let the train continue to go down the first track instead of switching to the other track because the original track was something that I had no control of, if I were to switch tracks I would be the one who killed that one person.  After I explained my logic I had a handful of classmates agree with my way of thinking.  If you were in that situation what would you do?  

No comments:

Post a Comment