Friday, October 2, 2015

Daily Dose of BS Oct 2 Oktoberfest

Year two for the shortened Oktoberfest, I said it last year and will say it again.  I liked the fest being whittled down into 4 days of action packed fun instead of dragged out over 9 days.  You know that things need to change or face doom, and this was a step in the right direction.  After living in La Crosse since 1992 I have been around Oktoberfest for 23 years, participating in the Maple Leaf parade and always amazed at the amount of people who come out of the wood work to watch and cheer.  I always wondered though, do people take vacation to go stake their claim of park land or boulevard for a 5 hour parade?  One last thought, no matter how you celebrate Oktoberfest, I hope that great memories are made.  Here is to a safe, fun, trouble free Oktoberfest.  Gemütlichkeit, Ein Prosit and Old McDonald has a farm, ummm I mean EiEiEio…have a great fest.  And join us at the American Legion Post #52 for the slicing of the Golden Brat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment