Friday, October 9, 2015

Daily Dose of BS money Oct 9

I read sometime in the past week that is costs about 2 cents to make a penny and about a dime to make a nickel.  It got me wondering, are we at a point where we don’t need to make these pieces of money any more, or should we find a better more efficient way of making them?  I for one would bet that if we dropped either or both of these iconic money pieces that prices would go up to the closest dime rather than drop to the closest multiple of ten.  I also thought if the cost is higher than the value isn’t that for the first time use then with each use after we split that cost, and eventually it would be insignificant, right?  I also wonder if the cost of the metal to make the coins is higher than the value of the coin, won’t that cause hording of the money for the value of the metal.  Oh the things I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment