Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Daily Dose of BS July 1 todays talk 1490

Three years ago today my life changed for what I believe to be the better.  On July 1st 2012 the La Crosse Radio Group flipped the format of Original Hits 1490WLFN to Today’s Talk 1490, with me as the anchor.  It’s funny how this adventure started, I was at a La Crosse Jaycee event about 20 years ago when I met Pat Smith the managing partner of the La Crosse Radio group, we had conversation, and went on our merry way.  A few years later I was involved in a huge radio promotion for the competition and I got a letter from Pat Smith thanking me for what I was doing and to keep up the good work.  In 2009 I was laid off, one of the first calls I made was to Pat Smith we chatted, he didn’t have any openings at the time.  Five months later I was working for Pat and two years after that we were building Today’s Talk 1490.  I guess the lesson I learned is to treat everyone with respect including your competition, and if you work hard you will succeed.  I hope that this first three years is a building block for many more great years at Today’s Talk 1490.

No comments:

Post a Comment