Monday, July 6, 2015

Daily Dose of BS July 6 hourly vs salary

When President Barack Obama was in town on Thursday he was talking about money because doesn’t everything revolve around money.  The big question is hourly vs salary.  The Department of Labor’s proposal would have most salaried workers earning less than $50,440 to be paid time and a half for hours greater than 40 per week.   I have worked for some places that were slave drivers when it came down to getting paid.  Being a radio personality I have been a salaried employee for most of my career, and only in the past two jobs have I been treated fairly when it came down to wage.  There were times when I first started in this crazy business that I was working seven days a week and about 10-12 hours a day, but I was salaried and they didn’t worry about it.  I did, but that is what pushed me to try to find a better gig.  Do you think that hourly is better than salary or other way around?  Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment