Thursday, March 5, 2015

Daily Dose of BS March 5 censorship

Should the internet be censored?  I was poking around on facebook the other day and came across a video of a person laying on the ground and some smarty pants saying above it, I clicked on it and the video showed someone shooting the face off of someone else, and then the shooter proceeded to keep shooting until the head was blown off, this is unacceptable, I don’t want to watch this and don’t want people to think that this is ok.  What in the world are we allowing to be seen online?  Before I was a dad I used to be of the belief that there should be no parental lyric displays, that everyone should have access to everything seen and heard, I remember saying that I really wouldn’t care what my kids would listen to, guess what once you have kids that changes in an instant.  I am not for censoring any speech, and do still believe that we should have access to all - but how do we limit what kids especially young kids have access to online and on the air?

No comments:

Post a Comment