Monday, March 30, 2015

Daily Dose of BS March 30 livable wage

The state of Wisconsin is looking to do-away-with the prevailing wage law.  I am all for saving money, on items, but I do not want a disgruntled underpaid worker working on the bridge that I drive over every day.  The state, in their infinite wisdom is looking to get rid of an eighty year old law that requires paying a living wage to workers on state buildings and roads.  I don’t like it.  I want to know that the best person for the job put together the buildings I am in and that the best of the best are also working on the roads I am traveling and bridges I am crossing or going under.  I do get saving money, but at what cost?  If we are going to have to replace the roads or buildings more often, or if we end up having less people get into the fields of construction, what have we accomplished?  

No comments:

Post a Comment