Thursday, March 26, 2015

Daily Dose of BS March 26 Trooper Casper

Why is it when a police officer gets shot and killed in the line of duty that this is not a national story, or at least a headline on a national news cast?  I waited the day yesterday to see how it would play out and frankly I am not surprised.  I am disappointed in the media.  A 21 year old Wisconsin State Patrol officer was killed in the line of duty on Tuesday evening during a shootout with a bank robber.  Trevor Casper was just 3 months in to his career as a State Patrolman when he was shot and killed.  Where was the media reporting that a robber shot and killed a cop?  Why is it when the shooter is an officer doing their job, taking down someone who is allegedly fighting back that it is plastered all over the media, but when an officer dies while doing their job, getting shot by a robber that that doesn’t lead the news?  I work in this business and I don’t get it.  All lives matter but do some matter more than others?  Didn’t I read a book like that when I was in school?  

No comments:

Post a Comment