Monday, March 2, 2015

Daily Dose of BS March 2 open records

The state of Wisconsin has an open records law that seems quite troubling, if you are a marketer, you can request each of a school districts students name, address, picture, etc.  This needs to end.  Not tomorrow or the day after but today.  I worry about the pedophiles, and other weirdos that are looking for names, and addresses of kids.   What even brought this up is that a marketing firm that is looking to market the school voucher program wants to send school paraphernalia to parents of kids to get them to jump to private school using the voucher program.  This is another program that I don’t get; don’t we have good schools in the state?  I appreciate that there are religious schools available and other non-traditional schools out there, but if you want to go to them, shouldn’t that be on your dime?  Am I missing something?  Anyway back to my first thoughts, I don’t want the names and ages of my kids being given to anyone, let alone a marketing group, is nothing sacred anymore?  

No comments:

Post a Comment