Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Daily Dose of BS March 24 babysitters

One of the biggest thrills of being a parent is the first time you can leave your children home alone.  It is a whole different ball game now than it was when we were left home the first few times, everyone has a cell phone now and we are reachable.  I recall when my neighbor was babysitting my brothers and I that my youngest brother Brian put paper in the furnace because he saw flames, needless to say that the fire department was called and our house was aired out in the middle of the winter.  With the four kids my wife and I have we have been asked when is the right time to leave the kids alone without a sitter.  My response was always you will know.  And you do.  Which leads me to how much should a babysitter be paid?  My daughter has a few clients where she will watch some children, and she gets paid way more that I used to pay.  I have heard that kids get paid up to 12 bucks an hour, if my mom heard that, we would hear the story how she made 25 cents and had to do the dishes.  Things sure have changed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment